The cryogenic liquefaction adopts the MPC+N2 refrigeration process, and the high and low pressure rectification towers are set at the same time. The CH4, H2, N2, CO and other gases in the coke oven gas are separated by the cryogenic rectification method, which has low energy consumption, good stability and the ability to adjust load is strong.
Characteristics of coke oven gas:
1. The calorific value of coke oven gas is 16720—18810kJ/m3, and the combustible composition is high (about 90%);
2. Coke oven gas is a colorless and odorous gas;
3. Coke oven gas is toxic due to the presence of CO and a small amount of H2S;
4. Coke oven gas contains more hydrogen, burning faster and shorter flame;
5. If the coke oven gas is not well cleaned, it will contain more tar and naphthalene, which will block the pipes and fittings and bring difficulties to the fire control work;
6. The ignition temperature is 600~650 °C.
7. Coke oven gas contains H2 (55~60%), CH4 (23~27%), CO (5~8%), CO2 (1.5~3.0%), N2 (3~7%), O2 (<0.5 %), c2h4 (2~4%); density is 0.45~0.50 Kg/Nm3.